If you’re reading this then you probably already know a few things about me. For example, you know that I’m fascinated with personal finance and minimalism and try to practice both disciplines to the best of my ability. You may also have figured out that I’m passionate about advertising and how it influences us.
The purpose of this list is to introduce you to some things you may not know about me. After all, there is more to who I am then money and minimizing.
20 Things You May Not Know About Me
- I was so shy up until the 3rd grade that my mom had to have regular parent-teacher conferences about my refusal to speak to my teachers during class.
- During the 3rd and 4th grade I became less shy, but spent the entire two years trying to stop “the light people” from following me around. *The light people were small people with glowing mouths and eyes that I believed were following me everywhere.
- When I was younger I wanted to be a singer. I organized two rock bands before finishing the 6th grade. The first was “The Rosies,” and the second was “The Hot Rockers.” I was always the lead singer.
- I was and am a terrible singer.
- Around the age of 13, I decided I wanted to be a writer. A poet to be exact.
- By the time I hit the seventh grade, the only thing that held my attention was boys and my social life. This lasted for a good six years.
- I once was taken to the police station with two of my friends for unknowingly getting in the car with an underaged driver who tried to outrun the police.
- I have a tattoo.
- I was raised Catholic and attended CCD every Wednesday evening through the end of eighth grade when I was finally confirmed in the Catholic Church.
- I spent hours at the library each time I had a school project to do, but used my time there browsing books on ESP, witchcraft, astrology, extraterrestrials and any other forbidden subject matter I could get my hands on.
- You will never find me without a tube of Burt’s Bees chapstick in my pocket.
- I used to take two to three showers per day. I’m now down to one.
- I’m directionally illiterate and get lost almost every time I go somewhere new.
- I spent six months trying to have an out of body experience (OBE). When I finally had some success it freaked me out and made my dog go crazy. I never tried again.
- In high school I graduated 13th in my class. From the bottom (see #6). I was boy-crazy. My parents were worried.
- I married my high school sweetheart.
- From college, I graduated summa cum laude. Whew.
- I’m the last born of four children. My closest sibling is eight and a half years older than me. Oops.
- I once owned an ice-cream shop, which I started from the ground up.
- I can’t eat gluten.
Your turn! What’s something I may not know about you?
Did you like this post? If so, please consider leaving a comment, and signing up to receive updates by email or RSS feed from Ex-Consumer. It’s completely free and I never spam! You can also follow me on Twitter and Facebook.